Walking is a low-impact cardio workout that can help you lose weight and improve body composition. In particular, walking in the fat burning zone can help get rid of visceral fat (called the most peril), which usually accumulates around the waist. Here are three steps to help you lose weight.

CHECK YOUR HEART RATE

The first step to starting to lose weight from the midline is to increase the heart rate during walking training to a level at which fat begins to be used as the main source of energy. To achieve this particular intensity, your heart rate should be between 60 and 70 percent of your maximum heart rate.

The basic calculation that you can use to determine the maximum heart rate is 220 minus your age. After receiving this number, you can use the fitness app to determine your five heart rate zones. The fat burning zone is Zone 2. Using the heart rate monitor fitness tracker app is the easiest way to make sure you stay in the right zone during your workout.

Remember that as your heart rate increases, you will burn more calories. However, burning more calories and lifting weights in zone 3, 4 or 5 does not necessarily burn more fat. In these areas, they use their stores of sugar and carbohydrates more than energy. Staying in this moderate range, about 85% of the calories you burn come from your fat stores, and the remaining 15% come from carbohydrates and proteins.

If you find it difficult to maintain a walking speed that keeps you in zone 2, try electric walking, dumbbells, Nordic walking sticks, or walking on an inclined treadmill or treadmill to increase the intensity.

INCREASE THE DURATION

For shorter workouts lasting 30 minutes or less, sugar and carbohydrates are mainly used for energy. But since these energy reserves are relatively small as your workout progresses, you will start using fat for energy instead.

The main thing is to strive for longer workouts, ideally up to 45 minutes or more. If you’re just starting out, it’s OK to start small and try to add 5-10 minutes to your walking workouts every week until you reach a duration at which fat begins to be used as the main fuel source. Since it takes longer, take advantage of weekends or other days if you have more free time to increase their duration to about 90 minutes.

CHANGE YOUR TRAINING

Since this type of training has a low to moderate intensity, you will have no problems if you do these workouts for several days in a row, as if you were doing a workout with a higher intensity.

However, the same type of day-to-day training can lead to mental exhaustion, burnout and a decrease in the overall level of body fitness. For this reason, if weight loss is your main goal, it is recommended to do long-distance workouts in zone 2 for 3-4 workouts per week.

Sometimes you can alternate fat burning workouts with higher intensity exercises and shorter duration. These efforts in zones 3, 4 and 5 will help you improve your walking speed, build muscle mass and burn enough calories in less time. Higher intensity workouts can also be ideal on days when you don’t have much time to train.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *